As video becomes more mobile and more social it is quickly becoming the most viable marketing opportunity for every business, from international corporations to local brick-and-mortar businesses.
Here are some statistics that show why video marketing is one of the best marketing opportunities today, and beyond.
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
- The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video, than without.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product or service after watching a video about it.
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 80%.
- 59% of viewers will watch a video to completion that is 1 minute or less.
- Business-to-business and business-to-consumers both say video is in the top 3 most effective social media marketing tactics.
- 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video.
- 60% of smartphone users say video is a perfect solution for smartphone viewing as it offers a quick way for consumers to grasp an overview of the product.
- 65% of of your audience are visual learners.
- Real estate listings that include video receive 403% more inquiries than those without.
There are major trends that will shape how people learn about your business going forward. Mobile is the leading trend, driven by local searches and Facebook. But mobile video is also changing, driven by YouTube, Netflix, and other major platforms. Social video is the next big evolution in video marketing.
What does all this mean for local businesses? Display advertising, and similar advertising types, are giving way to video. As video increases in consumer use and becomes the most-watched, most-influential digital media, it is also the most important. Programming content is becoming more personalized and targeted, and those without video are being blocked by consumers.